Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Waiting on Benjamin Lie to join us - he's coming by bus from Kenya with no luggage (lost somewhere in South Africa). Linda - LOVE THE IZZIES!!!! Felix had me bring some extras with me to feed to baboons along the way to Lira but I may have to eat them myself. Sorry baboons. Forgot to brush my teeth with bottled water, ugh!

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA - so interesting to experience his victory in Uganda. People here are so excited - televisions are on everywhere and I can't understand what everyone is saying but I keep hearing "Obama" mentioned in their discussions. A Ugandan newscaster was complimenting how gracious John McCain was - she said Africans could learn a lot from him and also how smoothly the transition from George W. to Obama will be. They are very impressed with our political system.

Today's agenda - drive 5+ hours to Lira. Felix switched our hotel as there are apparently American soldiers staying in our original Lira hotel and he didn't think we should stay there. Probably a good call. We'll be crossing the Nile today. I'm pinching myself! Wish you all could be here to share in this amazing experience with me. Elizabeth says: "We're having the best time and look forward to even more excitement in Ogur."